Construction News mental health survey 2018 - results revealed
Construction News has recently issued the results of its 2018 mental health survey. On the face of it, it would appear that little has improved over the past 12 months, but it is acknowledged that it will take time to see any real improvements.
1300 construction workers completed the survey which showed that:
- One in four construction workers have considered suicide (24 per cent – same as last year)
- The number of people who have experienced mental health issues has risen marginally to 57 per cent, compared with 55 per cent in 2017.
- Nearly a third (30 per cent) of respondents had taken time off work due to mental health issues (up marginally from 29 per cent)
- Even more people this year said they hid the real reason for their absence from their employer (63 per cent, up from 60 per cent)
- 56% of respondents have considered suicide
See the full summary and commentary here.